Avoid the Blind Inspector
Was Your Last Home Inspector Blind?
Learn Seven Things You Must Know To AVOID Hiring The WRONG Home Inspector
1-Hire a Home Inspector with lots of experience: It takes a full-time Home Inspector hundreds and hundreds of inspections to develop the eyes, ears and nose for hunting down problems. Part-time inspectors simply do not have the proper time in the field to develop that radar. Be sure to ask how many inspections he/she performs annually and for how many years. A quality Home Inspector does at least 200 to 300 inspections annually. Blind inspectors conduct 50 to 100 inspections annually. Conducting 200 to 300 inspections each year requires extensive referrals by prior clients, lenders, real estate agents and others-so there is a much greater chance the inspector is not blind.
- SEC Inspection Services conducts over 2,500 inspections annually and has been for over 16 years.
- SEC Inspection Services Inspectors all perform over 350 inspections annually.
2-The Company that offers the cheapest price is NOT the company you should hire: The company that offers the cheapest price is generally showing you a couple of things; 1) they are new or part-time and 2) they really do not know their costs (they will not be in business very long). If you want a comprehensive Home Inspection of, what most likely will be, the largest purchase of your life, you will want an experienced Home Inspection Company on your side. Hiring a Home Inspection Company that has been performing home inspections for years and understands that they are working for you and no one else is critical. Making sure that you, the buyer, understands the condition of your new property is our first priority.
- Home inspectors that charge less, know less, do less and therefore inspect less. They typically do not carry the technology and tools that are necessary to complete a thorough inspection. Additionally, they usually do not carry the proper industry related insurances.
- SEC Inspection Services inputs all findings in the computer onsite. This eliminates errors and omissions. We always provide an on-site review of our findings with you and make sure that you understand all aspects of the property. The final report, which includes photos, is emailed to you as a PDF file within 24 hours (usually less) of the inspection.
3-Education and Training: A contractor and a Professional Home Inspector are very different. Home Inspectors are responsible for evaluating all the systems and components of the home—not just one aspect such as the foundation or framing. To be able to provide a competent evaluation of all these systems and components takes formal education and training.
- SEC Inspectors have attended the top home inspection school in the country, completing more than 120 hours of course work and classroom training. In addition, each inspector spends a minimum of 100 inspections training under the owner of the company, insuring consistency and completeness of the inspection process and reporting.
4-Certifications: While certifications are certainly important, it’s the combination of experience, education and training that makes the difference in the competency of your next home inspector. Certification lets the world know that the inspector has sufficient knowledge to pass the testing requirements, but does not confirm his ability to perform a competent inspection in the field. We all know people that are certified for one thing or another that we would not hire under any circumstances
- There is simply no substitute for experience coupled with proper training. All Inspectors with SEC Inspection Service are State Licensed and Certified.
- Owner and Founder, Daniel Menikheim, does not allow the inspector to perform inspections, on their own, until he is beyond satisfied with the inspector’s level of training, knowledge and experience.
5-The Inspection Report: The top home inspectors, in today’s business, do not produce hand-written reports. A professional inspector will provide a comprehensive report using software written specifically for comprehensive home inspections. These reports usually contain information that does not pertain directly to the property inspected. You want your report to be in plain English, not “Techno-Jargon” that only home inspectors can understand.
- We’ve included a copy of our Sample Report for you to preview and download
6-How Long Has The Inspection Company Been In Business: Is the Home Inspection Company locally owned or a faceless corporation where no one is monitoring the quality of their work? How long has the company been in business? Does the Home Inspection Company have dedicated employees performing Home Inspections? Does the Company have a Customer Service Department? Will you be able to call your inspector for follow-up questions and assistance after your Home Inspection?
- SEC Inspection Services is locally owned and operated. Dan founded the company in 1999 and has brought on staff, over the years, to meet the demands of the growing company. Our staff is dedicated, friendly and responsive. We understand the demands of “The Real Estate Contract” and the time sensitivity involved. Our inspectors return every call the SAME DAY!
7-Ask To See What Other Home Buyers Have Said About The Inspector: SEC Inspection’s Professional Home Inspectors request feedback from their clients. Because you cannot improve what you do not measure, professional home inspectors want to know what they are doing right, as well as what may need some improvement. If the inspector cannot or will not provide client referrals, he/she may be blind in more ways than one!
Click To Download our Blind Inspector Report
Your Premier Tampa Home Inspection Company | Let this experienced Tampa Home Inspection Company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
SEC Inspection Services will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Tampa area, we can help!
“Where All Of Our Inspectors Are G00d L00kers”.