A furnace is a house staple, especially in cold seasons. While it’s not usual for a furnace to go out of service frequently, it’s still equally important to maximize the life span and all functions of this equipment. This makes furnace inspection important. However, there is a common misunderstanding when it comes to furnace inspection. Most people assume that it’s just a matter of cleaning or replacing the filter. The truth is, a furnace inspection is more time-consuming and complicated. Aside from the usual damage, you could have a problem with frozen pipes if your furnace malfunctions during the cold season.
In simpler terms, know that any equipment that is regularly used also needs a regular checkup. How often does a furnace need inspection? A rule of thumb suggests two times in a year for a furnace that combines both heating and cooling systems. A stand-alone system will do just fine with a yearly inspection.
Furnace Inspection Check List:
- Checks and clean the blower motor, housing, and wheel.
- Lubricate the furnace blower motor for a more ancient model of the unit. Check and replace the belt as necessary.
- Inspect the combustion blower for any barriers.
- Look for gas leaks in gas furnaces.
- Examine the condensate line and pan and drain if necessary.
- Examine the evaporator coil.
- Check the burner and clean as necessary.
- Examine the safety controls and ignition. Provide adjustment where applicable.
- Have a total inspection of the heat exchanger and heat elements.
- Check the connections of the flue system and check for corrosion.
- Examine all electrical systems: control box, wiring, connections.
- Inspect the air filters.
- Examine the ductwork for leaks.
- Check for sounds that suggest furnace issue.
- Identify unpleasant odors and locate the source.
- Gauge the temperature rise and adjust.
- Examine the vent system while the furnace is on.
Know that this is just an overview guide of what happens when you have a furnace inspection. As evidently enumerated, there’s a lot more to it than meets the eye. It’s crucial for your furnace to have a regular inspection as it is a piece of important equipment for your house. Maintenance prevents damage, and it’s a price anyone would rather pay than repair costs.
SEC Inspection Services has been providing Home Inspections and Insurance Inspections (4.0 & Mitigation) on Residential and Commercial Properties. Their home inspection process covers Attic Insulation, Ventilation, Roof & Flashings, Gutters, Crawlspace, Foundation, Grading, Retaining Walls, Siding and Trim, Driveways & Walks, Ceilings, Floors, Walls, Doors and Windows, Chimney, Fireplace, Major Appliances, Electrical System, Water Heater, Plumbing System, Air Conditioning and Heating to home buyers and home sellers in Tampa Bay Area, Clearwater, Petersburg, Palm Harbor, Dunedin, Tarpon Springs, Largo, Pinellas Park, Seminole, Oldsmar, Odessa, Safety Harbor, Brandon, Riverview, Temple Terrace, Holiday, New Port Richey and Hudson since 1999.
Your Premier Tampa 4 Point Inspection | Let this experienced Tampa Home Inspection Company help keep you from buying The Money Pit. We’ll alert you to any and all health or safety issues and maintenance needs of the home you’re looking to buy.
SEC Inspection Services will be your home buying or selling advocate! We are committed to providing you with outstanding service. We’re highly experienced and extremely thorough. If you’re looking to buy or sell in the Tampa area, we can help!
“Where All Of Our Inspectors Are G00d L00kers”.
Tampa Bay Area, Clearwater, Petersburg, Palm Harbor, Dunedin, Tarpon Springs, Largo, Pinellas Park, Seminole, Oldsmar, Odessa, Safety Harbor, Brandon, Riverview, Temple Terrace, Holiday, New Port Richey and Hudson
Home Inspections in Tampa FL – 33601, 33605, 33609, 33613, 33617, 33622, 33631, 33646, 33660, 33672, 33677, 33686, 33602, 33606, 33610, 33614, 33619, 33623, 33633, 33647, 33661, 33673, 33679, 33603, 33607, 33611, 33615, 33620, 33629, 33634, 33650, 33662, 33674, 33680, 33604, 33608, 33612, 33616, 33621, 33630, 33637, 33655, 33664, 33675, 33681